MARVELLOUS EDIBLES FARM
Accepting applications for 2 interns in 2018
Marvellous Edibles is a diverse 100 acre farm south of the Georgian Bay between Meaford and Owen Sound.
We have Certified Organic vegetables, fruits, 100% Grass Fed Cattle and Certified Organic poultry
Our internship program includes:
- Seed starting,seedling care, irrigation, weed and pest management
- Learning the basics of pastured livestock
- Harvesting and post harvest care
- Greenhouses: construction, management, season extension
- Orchard management
- Crop planning
- Farming with challenging soil and cool climate conditions
- Raised beds: advantages
- Efficiency and time management
- Value added products such as ferments, preserves and baking
- Farmers Markets – Generating year round income
- Root Cellars
- Bees and honey
Interns are encouraged to communicate their interests and work on individual projects.
There are monthly visits to other CRAFT farms where you will be taking workshops on many of the important aspects of small scale organic farming and meeting a large group of interns.
Intern applicants should be independent thinkers who enjoy physical work and committed to producing organic food. The ability to work independently as well as part of a team is essential. No experience is necessary however you have to be physically fit and mentally strong. 5 days, 8- 10 hours a day,
Weekly Stipend of $ 200.00, which will increase to $250.00 after 8 weeks, with satisfactory performance.
Lodging with heat, shower, laundry and Wi Fi. in a separate building
All your food
Weekday lunches are shared,